Cub fans, the Magic Number 108 is still with you! Why you can still get this.
- The silver World Series trophy weights 108 pounds.
- In the title, I did not mention that Taking Care of Business film along with Back To The Future 2 also predicts the Cubs winning the World Series. Both movies are 108 minutes long.
- The number 108 is a sacred in Yoga. Prayer necklaces used in Buddhism, Hinduism and Yoga have 108 beads to help keep count of 108 mantras.
- 27 outs per game x 4 games won = 108 outs. In other words, It takes 108 outs to win the National League Championship Series and 108 outs to win the World Series
- AG Spalding, the Chicago Cubs’ 1st manager and owner of the Spalding Sporting Goods made it a requirement that teams to only use Spalding baseballs for the National League’s first set of rules. His office was at 108 W. Madison. Spalding’s baseballs have 108 stitches.
- The distance from both the left field and right field foul poles to home plate at Wrigley Field is 108 meters.
- The City of Chicago’s zoning records show that Planned Development #108 belongs to Wrigley Field. There are 1,336 planned developments in Chicago.
- The Ricketts family, who own the Cubs, made their fortune with Omaha-based TD Ameritrade. It’s corporate headquarters are located on 108th Avenue.
- Cubs game broadcasts are transmitted from the top of the Willis Tower, which is 108 stories tall.
- The Cubs’ lawsuit against the State of Illinois to have games at night at Wrigley Field was recorded in Volume 108 of the Illinois Supreme Court Reports.
- Cubs star pitcher Jon Lester was born in the 108th largest city in the U.S., Tacoma Washington (according to the 2010 National Census.)
- National League Championship Series Game 2 starting pitcher was Kyle Hendricks. Hendricks was born on 12/7/89. 12+7+89=108
Hello! I’m Alesha! I’m a musician, actress, entrepreneur and writer and recent hospital patient (I still can’t believe that is real). Follow on Twitter. If you like what I’m writing, give me a heart and share! :) I like hearts.