What does it feel like to be completely self confident in daily life?
Happy 4/20 folks.
Photo credit goes to owner.
Another great question popped in my feed.
Here’s mine (with a few similarities, but enough to know it’s mine).
- Going to restaurants by myself. I don’t feel awkward about going out, or justify it. It’s a peace I enjoy.
- Traveling by myself. It gives me a peace and freedom I enjoy. I called my mother from Alabama before. I went because it was something new.
- Not going along to get along. Do you think a certain way because your peers and family members think the same way or have you done your own soul-searching to think for yourself? If you know me personally I think for myself and I don’t let people change me.
- Being comfortable with the uncomfortable. I always find it interesting when people keep going back to the same situation, and look for something that isn’t there, or stay at a bad job thinking that it will change. I have walked from so many bad situations confidently. Like I walked away from several record labels? Why? Because I saw the writing on the wall and didn’t want to get used, stuck in a bad contract, harassed or assaulted.
- I do not need to let my phone run my life. I will let a call go to voice mail in a heartbeat.
- I have forged ahead in creating multiple businesses, startups and projects without hesitation. Your best life is on the other side of fear. They always say you could fail but lord what if you fly? You never know if you don’t try. Don’t let others project their fear onto you, and let well intentioned advice go in one ear and out the other.
7. When I get kicked down by people, I have the resilience to get back up. Example: People in past organizations accused me of not following through to keep me out of being president. I wasn’t in the clique, I wasn’t the favorite, I wasn’t on the winning side of politics. This was the story of my life in school. Many people went out of their way to try and kick me down. But it didn’t work. To this day, I’m my #1 supporter.
Interestingly enough after surrounding my self with different groups of people, it was a different energy. You gotta recognize when people are jealous and try to keep you from being successful. I have a tendency to ignore the 99% of well intentioned advice and hone in on the valuable 1%.
8. My self worth is not based on or dependent on guys, or what others think of me. I live life on my own terms.
9. I say what’s on my mind without fear (see previous medium posts, trust me, I go there and hit the bullseye). I don’t let different viewpoints scare me, peoples’ reactions frighten me, and I don’t let others force their beliefs on me. (I agree to disagree and will be a listening ear.)
10. I decided to start wearing different hats because I want to, think it’s rad and wanted to try something new. I don’t care what people think of it, because I do what I feel like doing.
11. I approach guys and I’m not fearful or scared. I’m not bend out of shape when talking to them because they are human beings.
13. If I don’t know something, I’ll admit it. I don’t use words I don’t know the meaning to to try to fit in or make myself seem smarter.
12. I don’t hint around. I’m a direct shooter. If I need a ride or something, I ask instead of dropping hints.
14. I don’t freak out at auditions. I don’t define my whole acting career on not booking a particular role. The response or “no" from casting directors doesn’t define who I am.
15. I don’t get jealous of others or their success.
Just a side note:
A hacker recently hacked an email list I was subscribed to, and added themselves as an unauthorized user. It was so damn convincing, but figured it was a scam because I haven’t ordered anything. I didn’t click any links thank goodness.
Same thing happened with a person I recently friended. We are just getting to know each other, and I was sent an odd video. I didn’t click the link, but I did delete it.
As a cautionary tale for anyone following me, or on my email list.
- Do not open up any invoices if you never ordered anything, period. Do not click on any links if you haven’t ordered a course or product from my page. Do not open emails like this if you didn’t order anything.
- If we haven’t talked in a while and a profile of mine sends a link or video out of the blue, DO NOT CLICK. Generally speaking I will send you a “How’s it’s going” message and ask you if it’s ok to send you a link, or have a telephone/skype conversation about it. Or even better tell you where to search for it on YouTube yourself. I’m not huge on sending links in emails or social media anyways.